View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Edit: Not sure how they treat track time. I would make sure I had track insurance. I don't think they would know if you tracked it. Wear items like brake pads and tires are still on the leasee. You just have to return any modifications to stock before turn in. I personally would not tune a leased car, but some do.
The CS is not a car I plan to mod for various (and I think to you, obvious) reasons. However, I'm pretty suspicious these days of the ability for them to pull enough data from the ECU's to confirm track data etc. Additionally, they like to often note "excessive wear" for brakes/tires on the service notes for things and that could be a factor.

That's always a major annoyance for me overall that it's even an issue for a car like this (if it's an issue I guess). You build it, market it, and have everything about it be for a track mentality/dual use, but if someone dares do as such you then say "sorry, that's not okay". Had issues with that with Mazda on some things and it was always frustrating. I think Mazda is in a way different class than BMW, so that is one thing. I've also not tracked any of my new BMW's, just older out of warranty ones so they couldn't care less with those!
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
jhall19571095.50