09-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
How does BMW treat leasing with track time? I never even considered it in the least because of my intent to track the car.

I'm a little goofy with how I do the financing usually. I typically eat the slightly higher interest rate (in this case 1.9 at 72) to drive the payment down for flexibility (I'm nervous/conservative about the number for no good reason) and then pay at a much higher rate - usually pay the car off in 5 years or less. Which drives the effective interest rate etc down. Now you have me half thinking about if I should toy with the idea of a lease on this one or not as I've never leased.
Yes, and that's spot on how I would do a 72mo finance. Pay the minimum for roughly the first 33-36mo. Decide if I was going to keep it because you should be about neutral as far as value and what is owed (lease). Sell or pay off early to minimize the cost of the borrowed cash.

Edit: Not sure how they treat track time. I would make sure I had track insurance. I don't think they would know if you tracked it. Wear items like brake pads and tires are still on the leasee. You just have to return any modifications to stock before turn in. I personally would not tune a leased car, but some do.
Appreciate 0