Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconHeat View Post
I test drove my M2c immediately after testing an M3 and it was so much more engaging to drive. The same week I drove an RS3, a 911s, AMG C43, and an M340i and only the comparable or rather better ride (that I could discern from short test drives) was the Porsche. The 911 was 25k more than the M2c (and a gorgeous blue) but the real deterrent was way my iced tea cans just rolled around on the back seat Willy-nilly. So naturally I optioned the can-massage feature and went with the M2.
Why not drive the C63? C43 is the fake AMG lol, more like a 440i.

Personally I found the C43 to just be a German muscle car. It can handle turns if you need it to, the steering is heavy, but the car is way more comfortable cruising at 90mph than darting through traffic and tackling corners. The high belt line made me feel like I was sitting in the bathtub, and the ride/seats were exceedingly stiff.
I couldn't agree more. The C43 was absolutely soulless- very pretty; a bit like my first wife I suppose. I have driven an E63 since then (waiting for the missus' Audi sq5 to be serviced) and was impressed with the luxury and very snappy gearing- but again I felt totally disconnected. MB, at this point, is out for me so if BMW doesn't get their design act together it will have to be Porsche.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50