Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post

You have obviously never driven on Hockenheimring. Here goes my 2 cents, from someone who ran a 2:01.03 casually on a stock M2C there (btw: if I brake where he brakes on this video I wouldnt ever make the corners, I assume they put the tires on perfect temperature and then go for a hot lap).
I've never tracked a car, only motorcycles. The skills and consistency is lost on a lot of people I suspect. Just because a car has certain specs and a pro drive can do XYZ with doesn't mean I can.

Comparing a 2 door sports car against a basic economy car with a big motor is doesn't make sense, but it seems to generate a lot of conversation.
Agreed and I don't try to mimic pro drivers either. Surely take notes and try to learn what they're doing, but never forget that they know extremely well what they're doing and the average person should always add a safety margin - break 50 meters earlier, see how that feels, shorten if too much room left, etc. Go from there.

Look in the video about 1:20 min into the M2 lap, entering the 3rd section, how he does that corner. An inexperienced person would have had an incredibly hard time.
Appreciate 0