View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 04:38 AM   #54
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
wonder what the M2's time would've been with the DCT...
Its a high 1:57.xx. It has been tested already, even though there's no video of it. Don't recall the exact time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaacky View Post
how's that A45s faster than a M2 CS and the Cayman GTS wtf
Trofeo R on the A45S, it's like cheating tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
LOL 340 hp vs 410 split by 0.5 seconds.
You guys think the M2 is a great car... I think it's so bad, I got rid of mine, could not stand it.

Ohlins, links and camber plates and set up by a race shop, new P4s and it still handled poorly. The above video says it all.
You have obviously never driven on Hockenheimring. Here goes my 2 cents, from someone who ran a 2:01.03 casually on a stock M2C there (btw: if I brake where he brakes on this video I wouldnt ever make the corners, I assume they put the tires on perfect temperature and then go for a hot lap).

A 70hp difference (which is more like 50, if that) isn't as important as it may seem.
The M2C with the standard tires has an incredible difficult time with the front. It clearly needs better or larger tires.
The Supra has a better platform for the track. And was still slower, despite having the quicker gearbox (on the M2 they shortshifted/didnt shift lower on 2 or 3 corners, where the DCT would obviously push harder).
Appreciate 0