08-04-2020, 06:52 PM   #45
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
You know, I once got a Jack Russell Terrier. So much positive press about the breed. Supposedly, it was the best "platform" of all dog breeds - loyalty, friendliness, fun... All lies. Hated that dog. Peed over everything. Chewed up my Uncanny X-Men #193. Bit me once for trying to tickle his balls. Finally, gave him away to a 6 year old kid down the block.

I hate that dog so much, to this day, I continue to frequent the Jack Russell forums to tell everyone:
Hehehe this made me laugh!

I’m in the middle of moving and the M2 is my only car. I’m so happy I didn’t go with a Supra right now.

I like how the Supra looks. I like that it appears to be competent. But let’s not kid ourselves it’s a halo car. Toyota is trying to capitalize on nostalgia while proving to the world they’re not as boring as they’ve appeared to be over the past two decades. Not having a manual on the car is a travesty. I just can’t for the life of me understand the decision to spend all that money developing (or paying bmw to develop) a platform that compromises interior space, practicality, fuel economy etc in the name of driving fun only to not include a manual transmission. They got 90 percent of the way there but then fucked up that last ten percent in a way that pretty much invalidates their entire goal for a large number of people (and I’d argue a disproportionate number of the fanboys that make up the core market for this car.)

I was watching Matt Farrah review the four banger Supra recently. He mentioned that the last time he took one on a twisty road, the transmission overheated and the car went into limp mode. Torque converter autos are great...for certain things.

Anyway, yeah. I’m a salty former Toyota fanboy, so the car not having a manual really hurt.
Appreciate 0