Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer98 View Post
My local dealership charged me around $300. It took him 3 hrs and he's master tech. He laughed at the instructions that said 1-1.5 hrs. It's not a common part to install tho so he had to trouble shoot. There are a shit load of wires and harnesses, including a radio style transponder plug that comes out near the glove box for automatic lap times (additional transponders to place at the track are required to actually use it).

The wheel has to connect into the ECU, which is why they say might not work. I would think it's based on engine not model. So that part may or may not be available through BMW because I have read where some of the wiring pieces are not available. Another member is trying to sell his wheel only and it is reported that some of the wiring is not available to buy. Sorry i can't confirm which pieces. And there is a lot of heresy on what works and doesn't on this part.

I'd try the parts department at a dealership sponsoring this forum. Or call some bigger dealerships in San Fran and Houston where there are a lot of M2 owners. You'll eventually find a dealership that has installed a bunch.
Hmm. The 1 to 1.5 hours install is the standard for the M Performance V2 steering wheel. A lot less complicated to install.
Appreciate 0