10-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #28
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I mean paint correction for the Autoflex coating. Does it orange peel like regular paint? How has the scratch resistance been? Would you/ did you ceramic coat the autoplex? My big question is why this hasn't gained more attention. Did it get a bad wrap , and not recover as product improved? What/who convinced you to try it?

Why does it cost less than an actual paint job? Seems like labor is similar?

I admit, yours looks good.
Ohhh...

Original Autoflex did have some Orange peel look, just like classic BMW paint jobs from 15 or 20 years ago. Looked thick and shiny. The new AF Gloss is very smooth and doesn't have any orange peel, so wouldn't need correction. I did ceramic coat it, which cost me $69 for CG Quartz and took a couple hours in my garage. Easy.

Applying takes someone who has a high quality paint booth and paint gun. Painters probably still want to paint cars since they can charge more. And let's face it, a lot of wrap shops are not skilled craftsmen. I see tons of really bad wraps.

The original mat finish "dips" looked awful. But Autoflex (Ngenco in Europe) is not "dip."

Spaying a finish is faster than individually wrapping every little angle if a car. Check out our Instagram, at the very beginning of our pictures for a few photos of the process.

New technology always takes time to gain acceptance.
Attached Images

Last edited by M2PDX; 10-11-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0