08-27-2014, 03:40 AM   #87
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Plenty of reasons. Heck, I was waiting for M2, but now I'm getting less and less excited, but will still wait until end product before deciding, I got about 3 more years anyway.

Why M3/4 over M2:
- S55 > N55. Really has to be driven to appreciate it.
- Weight. I'm getting more and more convinced that there will NOT be a huge weight reduction vs M235i.

What the M2 will have going for it will be its size and price vs M3/4. Right now, I'm still leaning towards stripper-ish M3 (but I do have a small E36 for what it's worth, maybe that's why the M2 is losing my interest a little).
I'm trying to keep myself from getting he F8X even though I know the engine is sweet. I had a stripper F30 6mt m perf edition 335i w mppk/mpe/edc that I was going to use as a DD but ended up hating it. It was just too big. I kept my S65 though. But if I were to get a F8X it would be 6mt stripper w carbon structure cloth.

I thought the 135 was too small. So I'm hoping the M2 fits the bill even though I wish it had the S55. But based on BMW's direction as of late and the swelling of the model line I can see how you just want to get the S55 when it comes time.

Here's hoping BMW knocks the M2 out of the park. I'm excited for the M8/M10 halo car as well as the next V10 M5.
Appreciate 0