Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Have to disagree with you w3rkn, I don't know why but you are totally convinced that BMW are going to make the M2, a road car, that is focused on track use. Less than 10% of M2's will ever see a track, and BMW know this. They will not alienate 90% of their customers. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd be very interested in hearing it.

Your track car has already been built, its called the M235i R, go and buy one if you want, or buy your M2 and be prepared to do serious mods to make it competitive at the track.

Why would you buy a M2, if it wasn't a performance track car...?

BMW already makes a bloated highway bomber(M4).. and already makes a M235i for those who don't need all the track worthiness of a M2. The M2 is also more focused than the M4... it will just not offer as many creature comforts (ie: luxury).

Ergo: More performance... M2 is about PERFORMANCE..!

If you don't need an M2, then buy a M235i... otherwise what you are buying is track worthiness.
The M235i R isn't sold in the United States and is not drivable on public roads.. but the M2 will be. It just won't have a roll cage and other safety/track amenities. But make no mistake, the focus for the M2 is track. Otherwise it would be competing directly with the M4.. and the M2 is lighter & better handling..

So.. it's focus will remain on racing and track, leaving the M4 for luxo-bombing.
Not sure where all the it is a track focused machine is coming from, can you share your information source ?
Appreciate 0