View Single Post
      07-21-2017, 04:33 PM   #93
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaalrasha View Post
I'm sure it does, I have adaptive on mine as well. However high beam assist is bad at detecting trucks on the french motor way for some reaons. On the motor way in france the middle separation is usually high enough to hide incoming truck beams, so the car stay in high beam but the truck driver himself is high seated and gets blinded For some reasons incoming cars are properly avoided... So I disable high beam assist on the motorway.. on normal road it's fine.
Do you drive a right-hand drive M2 in France ? I don't know whether the Adaptive Head Lights and High Beam Assist software is different between modern LHD and RHD BMW cars.
"The projection of light from low-beam headlamps is asymmetrical. The kerbside lamp projects light forwards, while the other headlamp dips the beam down and away from oncoming traffic, so as not to dazzle drivers coming in the opposite direction. In Europe, headlamps approved for use on one side of the road must be adaptable to produce adequate illumination with controlled glare for temporarily driving on the other side of the road. This is done by affixing masking strips or prismatic lenses to a designated part of the lens or by moving all or part of the headlamp optic so all or part of the beam is shifted or the asymmetrical portion is occluded. Some cars have a built in adjustment to adapt the projection mechanically."
(source: here)
Anyways, technology can do a lot, but can never emulate the human eye.