M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I'm curious to know how the M2C is able to "put the power down" with these tunes. Obviously increasing tire size would help a lot. M3/M4 drivers have complained of too much low end torque with MDM or traction off. I had a situation with my car while running 30% 100. I was in MDM Sport+ driving up an on-ramp on a dry warm day. I nailed it in the 5k rpm range just before entering the freeway at about 60mph. I went over a few road moguls which sent the rear end spinning way out. It happened fast! I maintained control with correction but it fish tailed back and forth a few times before it finally locked traction. You have to respect all that torque!
265 rear isn't enough even for the stock tune. You have to modulate the throttle in the 1st and 2nd gear. 295 PS4S was amazing on my M4 Comp which had the same torque as the M2C but about 40HP more. I could just floor it in any gear (except 1st gear) without any wheel spin when the tires are warm. Another thing to mention is the traction control when it comes to putting the power down. A lot of M3/M4 owners think the car cannot put the power down mainly because majority of them use either full DSC on or MDM. Traction control software on M3/M4 is absolutely horrible especially compared to M2C. Even MDM interferes so easily (even when there is no hint of wheel spin). Therefore, I found driving DSC fully off was much better in terms smooth power delivery on my M4. M2C is a whole different story tho. Couple weeks ago I decided to push the boundaries of MDM on a damp parking lot. I could get really sideways before MDM flashes and starts doing something. I love the traction control of M2C. It's so much better than what I had in the M4. I still use DSC off for the most part but seeing such big improvements in MDM and full DSC modes was a nice surprise.
Appreciate 1