01-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #26
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
I don't think they misspoke. Looks as if the HPFP line to rail is flex with a right angle SS line (both ends). Should/may look stock 'ish once the engine cover is removed.

Any thoughts on when/IF the LPFP should be replaced ?
Not sure about fuel line compatibility and have yet to ask, but their lines do look like what competitors offer so it should fit idk. They should also offer the proper an fittings for their hpfp too, so likely if you ask they could make a line that fits.

Generally speaking direct injection requires less pressure from the lpfp than port injection since the hpfp will pressurize the fuel to what is required for the direct injectors. That's why we see car with just an hpfp upgrade being able to hit huge horse power numbers with the stock lpfp.

That being said I would personally upgrade the lpfp if you're running PI as well, or running over E35 since ethanol is corrosive and lacks lubrication vs pump gas so you'd want an ethanol compatible pump. It's hard to give a solid number since we don't have an lpfp sensor, but since e35 should be able to Max out a PS2 and get 550whp I'd say if you had a stage 1 pump and were unable to Max out ps2 before your hpfp rail pressure drops you'd need an lpfp. So essentially if you're unable to achieve the power your hpfp is suppose to be able to support you'd need an lpfp.

You should probably upgrade the lpfp when running ful