05-31-2022, 11:13 AM   #4
bbadillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Black 135i, JB+

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG///M View Post
Almost welcome!

At the end of the day its your decision but I'd like to mention 2 points.
1. The M2 is not much about straight line speed or acceleration but everything else (corners, driving feel and more). If your goal is to feel fast or win red light races, this is not the car for you. A B58 car would serve you better there. The power to weight ratio for OG and C are both more than enough on the street and suitable for the track.

2. Back to power to weight ratio, there's a reason the OG and C feel almost identical when it comes to acceleration. The C added about 150lbs to the car. It's slightly more powerful but it's also definitively heavier.

The M2C does have more tuning headroom than the OGM2 so that's something to think about if you plan to go that route.

Interesting. I didn’t know it was heavier. I am not looking for a quarter mile king. I love the idea of tracking once a year and maybe doing some nice drives me just hugging the road and zipping around.

I think I made up my mind that either would be great. I just need to find the car. They are slim pickings. And the disparity in price between the two is a lot. I think if I can find a 2018 m2. I would be sold. Just need to get lucky now. Haha
Appreciate 1
djacinto391.00