View Single Post
      01-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #172
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
About your revolution/evolution theory about BMW designs, I think it's just a coincidence and design revolution are part of a bigger trend in a company that for that instance tries to reinvent itself...

Cheers!
It may be a coincidence, but it has been happening for over 4 decades now
But it is indeed also somewhat coupled to technological innovation.
You know, e21/e30=trailing arm rear suspension, e36/46=3 point multilink rear suspension, e90/f30= 5point multilink rear/tension strut front suspension.
So the platforms in pairs of 2 are both linked on a design basis and on a technological basis. Its mostly the tech part that I find loads of similarities in pairs, where the latter one is an evolution, Just like its exterior/interior designs .

I hope people dont go retro... retro styling has been a major trend since the PT cruiser I guess. It has given some very ugly models and some very nice cars (ford gt), but going retro is a bit lazy and uninspiring from a designers pov imho, making a variation on what has been.... It would probably be a big succes among Hipsters...

From that pov I think audi's are also uninspiring. shaving off all the details, so that there is nothing left which can annoy people. But that means that there's also nothing left to like...
In that scope I much more prefer the new alfa Giulia compared to lets say an audi a4.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-19-2017 at 02:57 AM..
Appreciate 0