View Single Post
      02-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #20
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
I actually didn't like my experience with Apex when I went to the Nurburgring.

I scheduled a ring taxi ride and rented an M2 from them for my trip. I planned and booked things so I'd get the ring taxi ride first, then go do laps in the M2. I did things this way because I wanted to see the track and get a bit more familiar with it riding in the ring taxi, and then take it on in the M2. Also it would show me what lines/approaches/tricks those who know the track well take.

When I got there they said I would have to do the ring taxi after my laps. When I told them why I wanted to do it the way I planned they gave me some BS about how it's better to go into it unfamiliar and then do the ring taxi after...

The coach I got really didn't seem to care about my enjoyment on the track and instead was only worried about "don't mess up our car." He was really overprotective about it even though I told him I have a decent amount of HPDE experience. He proved my point right about doing the ring taxi first when he would tell me I needed to approach different turns, like the carousels differently (I would've known the better approach if I had done the ride first).

In the end my rented laps felt like they just wanted my money and didn't really care about my experience.

The ring taxi ride was much better. The driver was much more personable and cared about us enjoying our ride. He was engaging and explained a lot of what he was doing.
Appreciate 2