View Single Post
      02-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #14
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I'm surprised that no one has asked if you've ever driven on a track before (HPDE), because that will make a huge difference in your initial comfort level. If you have driven on the track before, be aware that Touristenfarhten is open to any one, in any vehicle, with any level of skill. During an HPDE you have the expectation that those drive in your run group will have a similar level of skill and should be more predictable in their behaviour and that won't be the case on the Nordschleife.

If you've never driven on a track before, try and get some laps in during an HPDE here, or enroll in a 1- or 2-day M School before you bite the big bullet and take on the Green Hell for your first time on a track (yeah, I know, technically it's not a track, just a big, long twisty, curvy, banked, toll road with unlimited speed, but a track is the closest comparison).

My wife and both drove the Nordschleife in May, 2016 in my new M4, and even with lots of track experience it was intimidating for both of us. After having a friend who taught the BMW CCA Nurburgring School for more than 10 years drive my car for the first lap, I did my first two laps with other experienced BMW CCA instructors in the passenger before I did the last two laps solo. My wife had an instructor along for each of her three laps.

Last edited by SD ///M4; 02-23-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10588.50