Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3

Garage List
'18 M2  [0.00]
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
If having softer leather, heat and a round shape are more important to you than looks then I wouldn't reccomend getting this wheel. Ergonomically I prefer the stock wheel 10 fold. I just think this one's a million times better looking and that's more important to me on this build.

Also, if you like drifting on the track or doing donuts in parking lots I wouldn't get a wheel like this that isn't perfectly round or smooth. It's very awkward to handle in the sense that it won't easily or comfortably spin through your fingers/hands.

I personally have no regrets but then again the M2 isn't my daily driver. Perhaps if it was I would miss the wheel heating and soft leather and would be more concerned with the wear on the Alcantara, but as it stands now this is just a fun weekend car that doesn't get much use. Therefore the Performance wheel (to me) isn't about practicality or comfort, It's just there to look good
Lots of good points to consider! My M2 won't be my daily driver either and I won't be driving it in the winter months so the loss of heating function isn't a big deal. You would describe the leather on the V2 wheel as firmer and less supple then? You think BMW uses a different leather than that on the stock wheel? (unfortunately my dealer doesn't stock these so I can't do my own comparison).
Appreciate 1