03-22-2024, 06:34 PM   #8
Chick Webb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 E92, '17 540i, '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
These actually look really good for what they are. Nothing as huge as the Porsche cars but that's alright. I would have loved a proper M car. They do make a 1000R motorcycle that's really large but that's a different kind of set, which seems like a royal PITA to try to put together.
Their larger models are quite a challenge to put together, for sure. But, very cool. The M1000 RR has a functional gearbox and you can change them using the right-side shift lever, just like on the real thing. Motor turns when the rear wheel rotates, too. It's pretty sweet. It is currently perched on the end of my desk at work.

Name:  26706.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  248.3 KB

Similar with the Porsche RS. No gearbox, but the 6 cyl boxer motor's pistons cycle as the rear wheels turn, the front wheels are controlled by the steering wheel, the doors function, and there's a hatch you can open to see the motor in the back. I put the light kit on this one and that even got my wife's approval to keep it in the family room.

Name:  26710.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  175.9 KB

Next up is the Daytona, which is even bigger and more complex. Have the light kit for this one, too. No idea where I'm going to put it, though.

Name:  26708.jpeg
Views: 267
Size:  52.6 KB
Appreciate 4