No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
The Exige S is way more tactile than the M2 - unassisted steering communicates so very much better, then there's the level of feedback through the chassis, the immediacy of throttle response, the greater top-end rush of the power delivery and of course the super-stiff structure, much lower centre of gravity and mid-engined layout giving a rather different balance at each stage of a corner.

I'd driven Elises and Evoras on road and track a few times so had some expectation when trying the S - I was blown away, for pure driving enjoyment it's a very special car indeed and the V6 and longer wheelbase even manages to confer some of the Evoras GT ability yet apparently without losing any of the track-car essence of the Elise.

M2 is a completely different kettle of fish - front engine/rear drive, extra weight and height mean it is more cumbersome, more unruly hot-rod by comparison, and one which is relatively soft and numb. The result of course of humble coupe origins, and the need for decent refinement and acceptable day-to-day ride. Still a very impressive outcome I think.
So all of that negativity towards the M2 results in a very impressive outcome you think.
Appreciate 0