01-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #1724
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony55343 View Post
Well , I have made it to gym past 3 days in a row , just gotta keep with it. I also determined my daily calories i should be consuming to get to where I want to be, and downloaded the "myfitnesspal app" to assist in keeping track of what i' consume daily , Which I feel will help with accountability when I am entering everything I do consume.

This is just the beginning and I have a ways to go to get back to where I was, and in the right direction , but I will get there !
Good for you. I know you have past experience...but one suggestion I would add (although you probably already know) is don't add back your exercise deficit into your caloric intake. I never account for calories burned during my exercise in my target range.

I see way too many people get burned by thinking that they need to eat for example 2600 calories a day to start the process....but then use the excuse that the treadmill said I burned 400 calories...and those 400 calories go right back into their daily intake.

It's very hard to calculate exactly what you may have burned, so best to leave it out of the equation altogether and make minor adjustments as you go. Just one less variable to worry about.
tony55343103.50