View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #18
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
Get a leaf blower to dry the rims/brakes after washing (that one's probably overkill but it works), avoid acidic wheel cleaners, always ride the brakes for 30 feet or so immediately after washing/drying and defiantly move it the next day because the pads will still stick a bit.

I haven't had them not unseize with some throttle but I did have a nice brake pad imprint on my rotors for quite awhile and a ruined morning when I learned that lesson:
Thanks for your input. I do that already - I use a MetroVac blower (heated, filtered air), and if it's winter and I have to go to a car wash, I'll make sure that I use one with a blower.

I ceramic coat my wheels so I never have to use anything other than regular car wash solution and a gentle brush.

I am somewhat in doubt that it is because of water ingress (although I guess it could still be?), because the time that it locked up the worst, occurred days after I had washed the car, and it had been driven every day, giving it ample opportunity to dry out. On that occasion, the brake stuck so badly that I flatspotted the tire trying to get it to release! (Which it didn't, necessitating a flat bed trip to the dealer).