pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C AW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAWhisper View Post
I can state from experience that Supercar3's provide similar grip to RE-71R and last much longer. I would give them a shot.

They particularly do well on camber limited strut cars. They have very stiff sidewalls.
+1..except only marginally increased life. Best part of the GYs is that they don't get greasy like the Bridgestones, and just get faster as they wear....for me anyway. Big kudos to GY on the SC3s.
I have 5 days on Supercar3s now - 255/40 front & 275/40 rear on 513M rims. Overall, I found them to land somewhere between RE71Rs and PS4S for dry grip, wet grip, ability to take heat and sidewall stiffness. If wet track days are your thing, PS4S cannot be beat; if ultimate lap times are your thing then the RE71R is up there. If you're looking for a middle of the road setup between grip, wear, wet and dry ability then the Supercar3 is a contender along with tires like the Direzza Star Specs, RS4s, NT-05s etc

Here is a picture of mine after 5 days on my stock M2 (stock camber as well) with RS29 pads and SRF fluid. Most sessions were driven with DSC Off.

[IMG]https://media.fotki.com/2v2HGWTwzxu6LVA.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 1
CrashFL137.50