View Single Post
      11-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #36
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1313 View Post
Since we're commonly talking about weights around here there's few actual weights posted, I'll throw in a real number for reference - last year I weighed in on the scales at NHMS. My car is a USA 2020 M2 Competition, 6MT, Exec package and no sunroof. COMPLETELY stock otherwise - it was the car's first trip out and just after my break-in service. The car weighed 3505lbs. without me in it. This was with pretty low fuel (dear lord this thing drinks gas when you push it!) but you can extrapolate from there.
I can sum up this conversation about which is better:

M2 OG Driver - The M2 is best. because yadda yadda yadda....totally not because I happen to own one.

M2 Comp Driver - The M2c is best because yadda yadda yadda...totally not because I happen to own one.

I think it'd be silly to upgrade from an OG to a comp unless there were mechanical issues or your lease is up or some other reason that you'd need a new ride. At the same time, today, there's no reason to buy an OG instead of a Comp other than the lower price. This statement is for track use - if you care about the exhaust sound or whatnot, that's a street thing and out of scope here.
-T
Funny cause that is actually kind of the opposite of the conversation that is happening here... Based on the OP's situation you have OG owners saying the comp might actually be the better choice here, comp owners providing some feedback on relevant info to the discussion (i.e. heat), weight discussions, etc. No one here has gone to the low hanging fruit of how wretched the S55 sounds yet - maybe we are finally starting to mature as a group?
Appreciate 3
bentom2335.50
CrashFL137.50
pal433.00