View Single Post
      11-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #31
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1500Z
What's interesting is a lot of the weight in the competition (I believe it's ~105-110lbs) becomes less of an issue with typical track-day changes—if both cars swapped to track wheels, racing buckets, a cat-back exhaust, and say AP racing front brakes (expensive but not uncommon) I think that weight delta drops a decent bit. That said, the weight issue (and bias) will always favor the original car.
That's an intersting take. Brakes and exhaust on the comp will certainly help with the delta, but then these will help the OG a bit too. Frankly, as awesome as the S55 motor is, to me picking a C over an OG today is still not an easy choice. I suspect I would still pick an OG and do some cooling upgrades when the time comes. Inertia on a track with turns is real, killing consumables with a fast and heavy car is real as well.

I'd love to get the "track" weight on my manual, no-sunroof OG LCI down to about 3250 lbs (lose about 200). I have the Akra exhaust and 513M wheels for track. I am thinking seats and rear seat delete are the biggest bang for the buck, but they don't lose that much. And KW Clubsports will likely add some weight back. With the Comp, you're starting at 3600 ...
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50