View Single Post
      10-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #50
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
You’re absolutely correct and get where I’m coming from.

I do need to put away the lap timer for a while and focus on skills vs speed. Speed as a focus for the last year or so has this nice self-reinforcing and motivating tangible result, so it is hard to step back, but long term is certainly worth it.
If you haven't done one before - I would definitely look into some kind of car control class. They can be excellent for building up the instincts & reflexes. I did one where they put the plastic donuts on the tires of a 300k mile Accord & scooted around the track at 20mph for two hours trying to keep in on track. Two of the best hours of track time I have had. Certainly improved my skill set - but just as important was the confidence it gave me to go to DSC off on my next track day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
Since we are chatting about tires I would like to share my misery as Canadian.

Tires in Canada are more expensive than in the USA. I'm struggling to justify buying track wheels.

I can get PS4S set in OEM size for about 1750 CAD. The RE71 are actually more money, Indy 500 are a 1350 CAD.

I know I can be faster on stickier tire but I'm having tons of fun on the OEM tires and with approximately 3 track days per year it would take several years for dedicated track wheels to pay for themselves.
Ouch, don't ever get into slicks with that kind of pricing!!!
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50