10-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #14
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post
A052 seems to really struggle with shoulder wear, compared to other tires. I am starting to find this out. Same driver, same track, same car, different tires.
It’s too bad. The grip and behavior at the limit are amazing. I will say they’re holding up much better on my wife’s Cayman, so perhaps they just do better on a lighter car. She has 6 days on a set and can probably get 1-2 more before they’re gone. Also, I tend to drive with a bit more slip angle than she does, so these might also just be a tire that you have to be a bit more respectful of the limits due to the soft compound so you don’t just smear it onto the track.

They took nearly 3 seconds off my personal best, set on RS4s at a 1:3x 2.2 mile track that I know well. In the first session of the day no less. Huge difference in grip, but I’d give some of that up for a bit more tolerance to abuse.

Direzza ZIII, GY Eagle F1 Supercar, and the Azenis 660k (615 seems to be getting phased out and not offered in the right sizes) are my short list right now. Will look more at the R888s and AR1.

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone.
Appreciate 0