View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #17
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

To piggyback on to some of the statements made above...it really depends on several things. If you are planning on getting the car and modding it yourself, then it may be worthwhile to find one that has been modded/spec'd the way you were planning on doing it. I would also agree that if that's the route you want to go to buy privately and not thru a dealer as they will basically be guessing on the history of the car. Getting a car that is modded to your liking could save you a lot of money and time. If stock is for you, then there are plenty of options out there. I disagree with the assertion that people who mod their cars do in strictly to "hoon" or beat on their cars. My M2 has the typical mod upgrades (Sport cat, exhaust, Intercooler, charge pipe and a stage 2 tune from VF) and it's never been tracked and never been thrashed about on public streets. I wanted the additional power because in my opinion it lacked a little midrange punch out of the box...I always felt like I needed some more for spirited driving. The car spends all of its life in my garage, comes out on sunny days and isnt driven in the winter. It's about as babied as a car can be babied without being a true garage queen. So my advice is to talk to the owner, get their take. You may find a diamond.
Appreciate 0