Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Why’d the rotor have to come off?
Was informed that it made room, made things easier, lightened up the components to work with, etc.. Made it simpler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnigle View Post
Can you post pics of the rollbar installation?

Your previous alignment was wack!
Not a lot of "install pix" were taken - but I did snap a couple to share with Studio RSR.

The install video they have is of an M4 (four doors). It's a bit different with just two doors.

RSR also doesn't expect you to put the side bolsters of the back seats or the seat belt covers back in. I wanted to keep it as "stock" as I could. I think they expect you to put in the seat delete - I'm not paying a bunch of bucks for a piece of pressboard covered in Ozite.

First thing was to cut a clearance notch so the top bolster attachment hole was accessible again. Cutting this plate where I did does absolutely NOTHING in damaging structure or strength. The tab just hangs over the lip that the seat belt attaches to and the mounting point for the down bars is the seat belt mount - you can see the hole at the back.

Then I trimmed the seat belt covers:

Stuck them back in, marked the bolsters and didn't quite take enough angle into account - both holes ended up being a tad biased outward so the fit left a small gap as seen in the pix below:

RSR wants an X cut into the carpet where the legs of the main hoop mount. They just tucked the ends up against the legs and I thought it looked a tad unfinished.

I went about it a bit differently (as usual...) and tried to make the fit "more better". My cut outs ended up being about 1/2" forward of where they needed to be but I was able to cheat it out and trim the pucks I pulled out and fit them into the gaps:

Here are the gaps at the rear cage where it goes into the bolsters:

Yes, that's a grinder slip. While cutting the clearance hole of course the cut off wheel caught and scraped the powder coating off of the bottom of the down bar. Crap happens.

At least my consistency at missing is the same - just a quarter inch.
If someone's going to take enough time to look in and state that I missed I'll just kick 'em in the shins and say "You go do it by yourself."

----

Yes, previous alignment was completely dorked. Looks like I need to go on a little solo breakfast run in the twisties and see how things feel now this morning.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 1
CrashFL136.50