View Single Post
      12-13-2020, 05:38 AM   #165
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

New Car in the Family

Last update for now is our family now has another member, a 2021 M340i xDrive in Alpine White / Shadowline pkg. It's great because my wife and I are now matchy-matchy.

We ordered this car after coming back to Korea in July. August was the factory shutdown in Munich due to i4 retooling, and US / non-euro spec models are only made during one week of every month so we got pushed to first week of October for the build. Everything after that went quickly - was on a boat by the 12th, and then the boat took forever to get here and arrived November 24th (42 days) after stopping in Spain, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing before reaching Korea.

Then one week for customs and 5 days for BMW VPC and then we had the car December 7th - 5 months after ordering. The positive part is that it's a German build.

We were crazy enough to drive to the port to see the boat that I had been meticulously tracking every day for 42 days.

After having the car for one day, we sent it off to get paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating, and a dashcam install.

All done! Now tint is scheduled for this week and then the 340i will be complete! Might get an M performance exhaust put on after winter is over but we'll see.

M2Debt98.00