United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1598 View Post
Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I decided to go with Active Auto Body. Their attention to detail was impressive and Joel took good care of me when I brought the car in. When I had Kuni look it over, the estimator was pretty brusque and said they absolutely could not fix the existing bumper (look at the picture in my first post - Seriously?) and they would have to buy a whole new bumper skin. I asked for a quote to just fix the existing bumper, but he refused and said it would be $1,700 for a new skin painted and installed. Active Auto Body agreed to fix my existing bumper for basically half that price. Said it is a simple job. I haven't seen the result yet, but I don't think I'll be disappointed.
What you say is correct. Kuni won't fix it... They replace it which is why I went to them. However, I was rear ended and another body shop was going to fix it (basically heat it and reform the plastic) but I wasn't paying for it so I took it to Kuni who just replaces the entire thing with new OEM parts. If it was me paying for it, I would have done what you did too.