MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Kimchi and Rice - A Build Saga

This thread will be my diary/journal of sorts to document my progress with my M2C. It seems other M2C folks are posting their build threads in this section so I chose to as well, but this can always be moved if need be!

A little about myself, I am an American currently living in South Korea. It's not really that common given the fact that Korea is so homogeneous and frankly they heavily limit and regulate foreign work visas to very few occupational roles, and not to mention the fact that I moved without knowing how to even say "thank you" or "oh my god, please help me I'm so lost and I REALLY HAVE TO PEE" before I moved here. But here we are!

I'm not usually one for naming cars but in this instance I thought it to be appropriate to do so, and I settled on "Kimchi Rice" or in Korean "김치볶음밥" because the car is white and I'm a redneck so it seemed to make sense at the time. By the way, if you haven't eaten kimchi fried rice before you're missing out on one of the most wholesome, belly warming meals in existence.

This car is a lot of firsts for me; it's my first new car (newest otherwise was a 2009), my first BMW, my first car with over 400hp (before this the highest was my 240hp S2000), and frankly I had sworn off anything German after my disastrous high school / college car, which was a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta from the 7th circle of hell. I still have nightmares about the window switches, the never constant idle, and the smell of sweet, burnt coolant will forever be in my nostrils.

This thread will be more of a journal than a "build" in the sense of what we usually see around here. I think a lot of folks do a lot of stuff all at once which is all posted in the first post. I prefer to post as I go along, and document my trial and error process, and I think that's too much for a single post. As such I plan to keep a "table of contents" in the first post and I will update regularly with links for each post. Hopefully that works out.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community; my experience thus far has been really positive (even if you guys sometimes argue about the most asinine stuff LOL) and you all are a wealth of knowledge that I am grateful to learn from.

Happy reading!

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1:
Where should I begin? Oh the beginning of course!
Delivery
Basic Performance shop visit + reflector replacement
Getting through break-in
Dashcam install faaaaaaail
Protect the paint!
Let's go Racing!

Modifications
Tuning/Coding
Bimmerlink
Bimmercode (various)

Interior:
Blackvue DR550 2 Channel Dashcam (F&R)

Exterior:
Vivienne Ceramic Coating
IND Front Reflectors, painted
Acexxon Honeycomb rear reflector replacement
Haverkamp 70% front windshield, 40% side/rear ceramic tint

Engine:

Brakes/Suspension:

Wheels/Tires:

Exhaust:

Links:
Instagram
Personal blog (mostly travel stuff)
Naver blog (in Korean)
S2000 build thread - Nobody likes the tuna here
Flight stats
Which part of South Korea r u staying? If you r near by~ I would like to check out M2 comp pack ~!! Nice ride~!