11-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #8
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Basic Performance shop visit + reflector replacement

Basic Performance shop visit + reflector replacement

Within 24 hours of picking up my car I was contacted by another M2 owner, who had been reached out to by a BMW performance shop owner here in Korea. Apparently when one of the sales advisors posted pictures of my M2 online, the shop owner was extremely interested in seeing the car in person. The M2 is a popular car in Korea, and for whatever reason BMW Korea decided to wait a year before importing the M2C. As a result, my M2C is literally the only M2C in Korea, and will be the only M2C in Korea for the next ~12-18 months. And, BMW doesn't sell any manuals here - you can't even buy one if you wanted to! Even worse, you can't order a car either - you have to pick off the lot, every single time. It's really wonky and doesn't make sense, especially since Korea is a HUGE Asian market for BMW...

So I decided to arrange a date to meet up with the guy at his shop, because I had already read through his blog and was interested in seeing his setup. What I didn't know is he was going to invite a bunch of his friends and some other M2 owners to also see it - the more the merrier! For those bilingual folks (or even people who like looking at shiny pictures) Here's a link to his Naver blog.

At the same time, due to my "complaint thread" posted above, another American M2 owner who also lives in Korea reached out to me. So I invited him over to the shop as well, and we drove together up to the guy's shop, and sat in a metric ton of traffic since it was 5pm going towards Seoul... But eventually, we made it!

He also put the car up on a lift so we could look underneath and see the changes between the M2 and M2C.

Since I was already there, and there was a lift present, I asked him to install my iND painted front reflectors and my Acexxon honeycomb rear reflector replacements. It's actually more work than I would have thought!

All in all it was a fun time!

Last edited by warrenw; 11-06-2018 at 03:29 AM..
Appreciate 12
Moris3.00
BlkSVT388.50
Jason40285.50
Patrik158.00
cdwalls700.00
dmboone254970.50
mtaxed50.50