View Single Post
      08-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #34
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Sweet GT4 and I'm sure it's fun, wasn't suggesting otherwise. I can see a preference for either, or as I was saying, enjoying and appreciating both because they are dissimilar driving experiences.

Believe GT models are becoming more refined like most everything else. That's the majority take on 981 to 718, .2 to 992 will really tell the story.

CS/GTS models go the opposite direction. they're the most unruly products M division has ever released to the U.S.

Why M2 CS vs M3 or M4 CS, new, maybe more desirable (time will tell), less costly, slightly less weight, shorter wheelbase, sure it's a different driving experience. I have seat time in the base M2, never thought it felt like a base M4.
Thanks. It is a riot so far and really epitomizes special for me being a high revving atmospheric engine with a fantastic manual. A true analog car in the digital age. Enjoying the drive is the most important. This car will see track time a few times a year too. I don’t own a CS but looked at the M3 CS and comparably I found the CS to be more refined in its suspension than the other M3 variants. It certainly is much quieter than the GT4, less road noise, less tire noise and compared to a 718 variant it is much of the same. I’d still say the GT cars are the ethos of more not for the faint of heart and certainly more unruly than the non GT cars. Also at 8K rpms, this car is still quite loud! I’d say about 90+% as loud as a GT3 inside and I don’t think you get much louder in terms of pure decibels.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 08-23-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0