08-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #32
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Idk, the most ridiculously good fun IĀ’ve ever had in any car, accompanied with a soundtrack of the Gods, has been in a GT Porsches. I just got a 718 GT4 and passed on a CS allocation and can say I made the right choice without a doubt as GT cars still represent to me the pinnacle of engineering and driving experience even if the 718 GT4 still isnĀ’t even the top. Hopefully I will have a GT4 RS allocation too.
I donĀ’t really think these cars do have much direct competition, but magazine have been making odd ball comparos for as long as I can remember. The CS makes a good choice for someone who needs a rear seat, but at the same time, why not an M3/4 CS?
Sweet GT4 and I'm sure it's fun, wasn't suggesting otherwise. I can see a preference for either, or as I was saying, enjoying and appreciating both because they are dissimilar driving experiences.

Believe GT models are becoming more refined like most everything else. That's the majority take on 981 to 718, .2 to 992 will really tell the story.

CS/GTS models go the opposite direction. they're the most unruly products M division has ever released to the U.S.

Why M2 CS vs M3 or M4 CS, new, maybe more desirable (time will tell), less costly, slightly less weight, shorter wheelbase, sure it's a different driving experience. I have seat time in the base M2, never thought it felt like a base M4.

Appreciate 0