View Single Post
      08-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #31
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
It is a testament to the CS, and the repeated BMW-Porsche comparison pairing is also a function of both not really having obvious direct competition.

But ultimately, GT4 vs. CS, GT3 vs. GTS, etc. are flawed comparisons. For one thing, the cars are very different in dynamic characteristics. You'd have both and not once think your garage is redundant. Neither obsoletes the other.

As GT cars become increasingly refined and perfect, appeal of unruly, "ridiculously good fun" CS/GTS models becomes even greater imo.
Idk, the most ridiculously good fun I’ve ever had in any car, accompanied with a soundtrack of the Gods, has been in a GT Porsches. I just got a 718 GT4 and passed on a CS allocation and can say I made the right choice without a doubt as GT cars still represent to me the pinnacle of engineering and driving experience even if the 718 GT4 still isn’t even the top. Hopefully I will have a GT4 RS allocation too.
I don’t really think these cars do have much direct competition, but magazine have been making odd ball comparos for as long as I can remember. The CS makes a good choice for someone who needs a rear seat, but at the same time, why not an M3/4 CS?
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
chris7197334.00
BigHunk269.50
Poochie9104.50