View Single Post
      03-30-2019, 11:03 AM   #273
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Actually, street racers would prefer a shitty cooler that cools down quickly, and doesn’t soak heat (especially important when you’re staging)

I’m geared more towards track days and consistentcy - which the Wagner and other brands don’t offer. I also have a stick shift (boost drop between gears) and daily drive my car, so there is a lot of things working against ‘grabbing the biggest core’
That being said, it’s clear one cooler is absolutely superior to another with only they SLIGHTEST of compromises, yet offering superior performance.

Why defend an inferior product?
You're still missing the big picture. There are temp, weight, and pressure differences in play here. Each of these have performance impacts on engine, handling, on/off throttle, and how hard the turbo has to work.

In fact, there used to be a different data heavy ATM vs Wagner Evo2 Comp thread floating around that showed similar performance b/n the two and the OP opt'ed for the Evo 2 b/c of the additional lag from the ATM.

What's most impt to me is impact to track times. This data set doesn't exist b/n the two IC's, but based on the limited comparison data out there and the pros/cons b/n the two, there's likely hardly any difference in times, and the difference would be overshadowed by other larger variables. If I can get this and gain subjective improvements in track handling feel and less lag, why wouldn't I?

There's more to this than IATs and no one has the right answer, only the answers that satisfy what that person is looking for in an IC.
Appreciate 0