View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
I'm a a big spreadsheet guy and I love your format, so if you don't mind the "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I think I'm going to copy it to notate all of my mods for my eventual build thread. It's funny, we have almost the same mods except I have the PS2 and and looking at a stage 3 turbo kit as my next big project. We even both bought our cars at Reading BMW, lol.

What do the colors other than grey symbolize in your spreadsheet? Priority of the mods?
I don't care if you copy my spreadsheet format. There would be no advancement in society if people didn't copy and iterate. Right now it's 210 lines long and 12 columns wide. Which is basically a scratchpad of part numbers, links, retailers with the best prices, the price I'll pay for used parts, discount codes, etc. And yea, the colors are priority of the mods.

I get kinda crazy with taking notes and planning stuff. For long write-ups, when I'm thinking before I fall asleep, I'll write emails to myself, if there is a review or analysis I need to publish on something. Then transfer it to a document and polish it... Same with grocery lists, I'll have a running email with things I think of to purchase, and transfer it to a document. Then transfer it to the gtasks app (which syncs between my computers and phone) for a checklist while I'm at the store. I also use gtasks for a daily to-do list that I write up before I fall asleep... Sometimes things mix between emails and gtasks. Meaning gtasks is supposed to be my to-do lists, but sometimes I take notes in it. Which makes things kinda disorganized.

Recently, because of the amount of food I bought because of this covid stuff, I have my freezer items portioned, bagged, wrapped, labeled and dated. I had some leftover beef stock that I froze, then put a label on the new beef stock in my cabinet reminding me to use what's in the freezer first... On my fridge is a piece of paper that I plan meals with. Basically I figure out what foods I have that's the oldest or expiring soonest, then plan meals based on that. Also recently put my dry goods in tupperware with oxygen absobers, which is another topic.

Heck, even my home workouts are crazy like that, because I only have 1 set of adjustable dumbbells. To save time, I group what exercises I do each day based on what weight I use for them. This way I don't waste time reconfiguring the weights between exercises, and can do supersets.
Appreciate 0