Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yea? So you believe heat-transfer is not an issue with an aluminum pipe?

Try putting a aluminum can of soda in a freezer for less than 5 mins and touch it afterwards, then come back and tell me aluminum doesn't severely transfer ambient temperature..

Plastic is obviously a weak conductor of temperature, hence the reason it's used in all automotive, heat-sensitive components, such as intakes and charge pipes. Even the M2 OEM intercooler is encased in plastic, not because they hate you but a practical reason for reducing heat insulation.

I'm glad that the aluminum pipe works for you and since you already have one, I don't expect you be objective but I see a few faults in a pipe made out of a metal and it strikes me as kind of suspicious that only a few third-rate, aftermarket companies even offer a replacement pipe.

The Dinan tune pushes 445HP/455TQ for their Stage 4 tune but confirmed that replacing the charge pipe is not necessary and don't any reason to engineer an enhance version.

Like I said, I have warranty left, so If pops, I'll just drop the car at the dealer and grab a loner car.

I predict I'll get another 50k out of the OEM plastic pipe, I don't have to worry about heat-soaking, the fit and finish is perfect and it's covered, should it fail. So It's a sacrifice I'm willing to live with.
It's okay, say what you want. The more you piss on our aluminum heat pipes, the cooler they get. Since aluminum is a good conductor, it works great for evaporative cooling. Sorry haha, couldn't let my wise-ass joke go to waste lol.
You should piss on your AL pipe, it might help; I could only imagine how much power you're blindly losing, due to the heat-soaking properties.

I didn't expect my observation to be so controversial but I assure you, I'm not talking out my ass; heat-soak is factually responsible for a substantial loss in power, hence the manufactures use of hard plastic. It's not because they secretly hate you and don't want to turbo-boost to the moon, it was a calculated engineering decision.

I love this forum but it's just tragic how the vendor's hearsay, fear-mongering, and marketing tactics have brainwashed some of you people into throwing reasoning out the window. I'm all for a better product but not without objectively considering any potential cons.

Obviously, when you blow hundreds of dollars on something someone claimed worked flawlessly and then someone else like me comes around and burst your bubble with facts, your mind is going to try and convince yourself that you're right or try some poor attempt at humor, as some sort of defense mechanism, so I excuse the snarkyness.
Appreciate 0