Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowM2C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alavigne View Post
Point 1 - I don't think point 1 is actually true.
Point 2 - claim that the adaptive suspension is a downgrade. I'm not sure that's really true. Perhaps you feel that an aftermarket setup is better? but, we're talking about stock.
Point 3, which repeats the incorrect assessment in point 1, is no longer relevant.
Point 4 - the carbon rotors are optional. And based on what I understand, the car is still lighter (than the M2C) when you option it with steel rotors.

So... when you consider all of that, your list is far less.... damning.
Point 1: Heavier cars are worse than lighter cars. That's true.

Point 2: Adaptive suspension is not for track use, it's for street only. Downgrade.

It's the adaptive suspension which makes the M2CS heavier than the M2C even with all the carbon fiber parts. As far as we know, you can't unoption the adaptive suspension.

Now, if you could buy an M2CS with standard struts and steel rotors? It would be an overall better car than a C, but if you can't remove the active suspension? It will always be an inferior car because to make it better than a standard C, you have to remove the only option which makes a CS special.
So you're saying BMW added Adaptive Suspension to their high-performing vehicle to "downgrade" it's performance.

Makes a lot sense..
Appreciate 1