View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #86
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

As many others have said. This is actually a good thing for the autonotive industry

Competition is a double edged sword. Sometimes it results in a much better product. Sometimes it forces a race to the bottom. Only time will tell. But why not roll the dice and see.

After all, imagine if the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord never existed. Can you imagine what kind of horrible noisy shit boxes we'd be driving. German cars if the 80s were cool back then,but aside from the high end, quality was bad. We won't even talk about American cars.

What I do find very disturbing is the name of the division and overall colors and theme they are promoting which is obviously an m rip off. You have to wonder if the hiring of Bierman is also a ploy to just give the brand credibility as he is mr bmw m. I'm also going to sound like a xenophobic nut a little bit (in the farthest thing from that) but it's also disturbing if this is accepted by any of us. One of the great features of the automotive performance culture we have is that everyone is trying to beat each other in their own way. This whole blatant rip off thing hasn't been a prevalent feature of our culture so far. If this changes its bad times ahead in afraid

If Hyundai could do like Lexus and stake out their own path (like F division) and they can do it better then bmw/Lexus/amg then I'm all for it. But by copying the logo/branding/colors then this should be completly rejected for what it is.