View Single Post
      08-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #549
stren
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2 View Post
its nothing like ZCP. this is a standalone car with bespoke features to differentiate it from the regular M2. the engine change alone should tell you that. its not just a ECU upgrade like the competition.

given all that i would assume it gets a similar percentage price hike to the M4CS over the regular M4
To be fair we don't know what other features it will really get. The only thing we know is the S55. The CS had a lot of handmedowns from the GTS like the carbon hood. There is no m2 GTS yet and so either they will have to create the bespoke parts and the price will go up 20-30K, or it will simply be the S55 and a tweaked suspension and different rims/colors in which case it might be closer to the 10K adder. Given how both the 1/m and M2 were both very much "reuse existing parts" type cars then I can't imagine it will get much changed in the way of body panels or interior but rather focus on what they can reuse from the M3/M4 to boost performance, give a nice ring time and have a horsepower advantage over the RS3/TTRS. That latter part to me is really the goal here, its not about ticking boxes that enthusiasts want. If they raise the price too much then suddenly they are not outperforming the rs3/ttrs and instead they are competing with a cayman s. Besides it's not a GTS or a CSL anyway so expectations and prices should be lower.
Appreciate 1
SW192457.50