infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
People who are saying this car will be $80K+ are on something. I remember early on when the engine application for the base M2 was still under speculation. People were saying if the M2 comes with the S55 it should be slotted around $60-63K, just under the M4. Now BMW adds a couple letters to the name and it is worth $80K? All while not having the bespoke M3/4 interior and less power? I don't get it. I guess BMW is just that good at marketing.

Closest German competitor will most likely be the TT-RS. That is daily-able sports car with a glorious 5-cyl, bespoke interior, digital dash, and nearly identical power for under $65K with a dual clutch already factored in. CS will most certainly be better on a circuit but 95%+ of their buyers will never see a track. Not to mention BMW already absorbed the R&D of many parts on this car from the siblings. If this car ends up being >$70K (ideally $65K), especially with a manual (won't buy without it), then BMW is overcharging for this car and I'm out.
i'm with you brother...
Appreciate 0