View Single Post
      08-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #533
Stilakazam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
It depends, if manual will save the car for you, but here is my experience...

Power... simply not good or impressive, this will be a massive downgrade from the m3

Chassis stability - not remotely close to the longer M3

suspension and body rigidity - felt like my 135 on koni yellows... the m3 feels like a racecar

Low rent interior - not really a deal breaker

Overall, I would say its simply an overhyped car, w decent weight and balance... Again, in no way did it feel better than my old bolt on 135i w suspension mods. Just in general, non impressive car... I urge you to drive an m240, bcuz its not that far... if manual and this weight / size interst you, then you may be happy w it but overall its a serious step down from an m3. Probaby the most overhyped bmw I have ever driven.

Is this in a ZCP M3? If so I can probably understand that. I came from a 2015 M3 and found the M2 less floaty feeling than the M3, took corners better and put power to the ground easier. Yes the M3 had more power, but that was it, steering feel was better in the M2, felt more connected. Sound was also better in the M2.

I went from my M3 to a 991.1 GTS, then to the M2. The M2 felt more agile and closer to the 911 than the M3 did being smaller and not feeling as boaty, so maybe that also affects my decision.

The ZCP I hear fixed a lot of the issues so I can understand that probably being true though. I only drove a ZCP once on a test drive and I think it did put power down a bit better than non ZCP, but still felt large compared.
Appreciate 2
JTO245276.00