infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
It depends, if manual will save the car for you, but here is my experience...

Power... simply not good or impressive, this will be a massive downgrade from the m3

Chassis stability - not remotely close to the longer M3

suspension and body rigidity - felt like my 135 on koni yellows... the m3 feels like a racecar

Low rent interior - not really a deal breaker

Overall, I would say its simply an overhyped car, w decent weight and balance... Again, in no way did it feel better than my old bolt on 135i w suspension mods. Just in general, non impressive car... I urge you to drive an m240, bcuz its not that far... if manual and this weight / size interst you, then you may be happy w it but overall its a serious step down from an m3. Probaby the most overhyped bmw I have ever driven.
I took the m2 for a drive. i have a tuned 135 n54, suspension and all that. The M2 felt like a refined, more planted, and quieter version of my 135. On the outside it's great looking car, much nicer than a 240i msport. is it worth $40k to upgrade for me? i donno but at some point i gotta. The m3/m4 is just going to be too big for my car tastes i think, so it's not on my radar really and i bet others have that feeling.
Appreciate 2
ASAP10162.50