ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Umm, how many people here that have driven serious cars before the M2 are impressws w the M2? I drove a tuned 135 w suspension mods and walked extremely disappointed from a base M2... the M3 was another level.
What was it exactly that disappointed you the most? I had a tuned F80 so that will be my baseline for comparison but it was DCT so I got bored pretty quickly. I have a deposit down for a base M2 6mt so I'm curious to know your thoughts.. I've not driven a 2 series of any kind including the M2.. never a 1 series either but I did have a e92 335i back in the day lol
It depends, if manual will save the car for you, but here is my experience...

Power... simply not good or impressive, this will be a massive downgrade from the m3

Chassis stability - not remotely close to the longer M3

suspension and body rigidity - felt like my 135 on koni yellows... the m3 feels like a racecar

Low rent interior - not really a deal breaker

Overall, I would say its simply an overhyped car, w decent weight and balance... Again, in no way did it feel better than my old bolt on 135i w suspension mods. Just in general, non impressive car... I urge you to drive an m240, bcuz its not that far... if manual and this weight / size interst you, then you may be happy w it but overall its a serious step down from an m3. Probaby the most overhyped bmw I have ever driven.