View Single Post
      01-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #52
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
ohlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
Subscribed!

I'd swear that video was out of my cockpit. I have EXACTLY the same issue.

I got my car out this weekend (Inde Motorsports Ranch in Willcox, AZ - new pavement, FUN track) for the first time since getting all the suspension installed and set up.

Present setup:
9.5 & 10.5 x 19 Apex EC-7 wheels
Toyo R888R sneakers - 265 & 295 running 36-37 hot
RSR cage
Pagid Yellows (this is changing next round)
Ground Control camber plates (noisy things) and Turner adjustable rear toe arms
Ölins R&T suspension both front and rear are 10 clicks out (will play with these next round)
Ride height is 8 mm lower than stock (supposed to be 10mm lower). There was an intentional reason for the higher setting that's been addressed (trailer setup).
Car is set at 3 degrees camber, zero toe front
1.9 camber, presently mentally blank on toe in - 1 degree, I believe.

Manners are fantastic right up to starting to add throttle after apex and the back end gets twitchy, often leading to nice high speed drifting (can be fun, can make one's butt pucker).

It's quite consistent left or right handers and as the OP stated, the faster, more open sweepers seem to be more problematic than the tighter stuff.

I'll take the steps OP has as far as preload and ride height (I'm sitting too high - definitely in the rear) and see what happens next month at a smaller, tighter track (Wild Horse Pass - Bondurant course).

I really hope I can dial it in w/o going to a softer spring rate. I do agree that they seem to be pretty stiff the way Öhlins sets them up.

Other than this, the car is brilliant to drive on the track.
I am considering Ohlins BMS MR40 Coilovers and your car seems set up same as mine w/Apex 9.5, 10.5 EC7. Currently 255/35/18 (f), 285/30/18 (r). What Spring rate are you running? I do 6-10 Track days a year. Was leaning to 70 (f), 160 (r), as I understand 90 (f), 190 (r) can be a bit much for DD. Do you have any issues with 265/35/18 up front rubbing? BTW nice job noticing that poster had his Springs on the wrong ends.