M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman
You've left out the money angle.
That is, any car which carries the CSL badge is going to draw a lot of attention, particularly at the start. And that means the profit potential on such a car is huge. IMO, that's how the discussion starts, i.e., what platform will yield the highest profit. I don't think the M2 platform will do that. There have been a number of discussions why the M2 is considered a "limited availability" car. A strictly M2 CSL platform would be faced with those same constraints, and constraints would lower profit. No such constraints seem to exist with the M3/M4 production. Which is why I think the first CSL platform will be M4 sized - unconstrained production.
Good point.. And I agree. I'm not concerned about which comes first. The M4 is in a cycle ahead of the M2 and has been since the E9x.

However we have an M4 GTS so if we also get an M4 CSL that would be interesting. It would have to be over $150K in US however and in serious super car territory.

I envision a CSL homage vehicle perhaps and M2 CSL because the chassis is available.
Appreciate 0