02-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstyle
I'm guessing we'll get an M2 ZCP in the US and that's probably it for this model generation. It will have the ZCP wheels, optional adaptive suspension from the M3/M4, an ecu tune, new MDM settings, and possibly a few other smaller changes.
If there were no M235 racing , I would agree.

However, it surely appears that all the materials to develop a CSL are being are/already developed and are being tested right in front of us.

I doubt that there the CCBs on the M2 Motorsport pace car are there just for looks and I also question any " need" There was a 1M pace car running pace for the same series on the same race tracks without custom developed brakes Iirc.

- start with M235 update racing chassis
- throw the M performance catalog at it
- add CCBs that are on the Motorsport pace car
- add meth injection system and tune
- add rear wing and other aero recently tested with tacked on bits on the M235 racing about 6 months ago.

Add a little eye of M and wing of GTS and let the cauldron bubble... There is room and time to make a CSL concept with more carbon fiber core and roof ala M4 GTS and have it go on sale next summer as a full CSL. Then a year or two later an M2 Comp pkg model for the final years of M2 as the next M3/M4 are being readied.
Appreciate 0