View Single Post
      05-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #49
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by GjXray View Post
I pulled my FI-R's to clean and coat. I try to be really careful with where I drive, so I was disappointed to find a small scratch in the barrel of the front passenger wheel.
Even under perfect conditions this will happen, some guys with as little as 80 miles on their cars. There was a pretty big outcry in 2015 from the F80 guys with CCB's, but BMW did little for them.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1107233

Quote:
Originally Posted by GjXray View Post
I installed the scraper/guards. Should help with any larger stones. Thanks to EtotheD for the design and diagram!
The guard should definitely help with some stones that would be larger and travel upwards through each section of the caliper causing damage along the way, but it's not a complete solution.

Even fitting a 380mm front rotor isn't a complete solution because the 2NH caliper is so much bigger than the blue caliper.

The only way to truly fix this problem is to replace the front calipers and rotors with those designed to fit closer inward toward the hub. The aftermarket Brembo calipers are nearly the same size as the 2NH on the bottom edge, but they are inset further which creates more room for the clearance. At least, that's what I'm reading.
Appreciate 0